Job Training Partnerships
What Job Skills can I learn at NextStep?
NextStep Recycling is dedicated to helping people from all walks of life learn new skills, find employment and progress in their lives and careers.
For more than four years, NextStep Recycling has offered job and social skills training to people in our community, regardless of what their skills/abilities levels are when they walk through our doors. Participants volunteer in our dismantling room, our receiving room, our ReUse Store, or with our technicians.
NextStep Recycling presently works with:
- Lane Workforce Partnership
- Oregon Department of Human Services
- Laurel Hill Center
- Springfield Special Education Life Skills Program
- Lane County Community Services
- Specialized Employment Services
- State of Oregon Jobs Plus Program
- Experience Works Federal Job Program
- University of Oregon - Internship
- Lane Community College - Internship
- Pioneer Pacific - Internship
- A3 Hightschool - Internship
- Mckenzie Personal
Plus other employment assessment programs in Lane County. NextStep Recycling recognizes and supports the abilities of each participant, rather than focusing on their prior life experiences or their disabilities.
NextStep offers job and social skills training to commiunity members. NextStep works with many social services agencies, schools, and nonprofits connecting their clients with real live work experience. We have three training opportunities for volunteers.
- 60 hour training
Part of our education curriculum includes an Internet ready computer.